Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 21, 2009

Peace...

...And QUIET!
I'm all about not jinxing myself these days.
I didn't want to say anything until I was sure, but both girls are asleep at the same time this morning. Lauren went down for a nap... on a pillow...on the couch... (Bad Mommy!) at 7:30 with minimal crying and Chloe went down at 9:30. What does that mean? That I've had an entire hour of pure bliss.

Just the fact that Lauren is taking a nap is blissful, she looks so beautiful just laying there...
SO peaceful...

So what have I done to celebrate?
I've been baking.
Baking is such a relaxing thing for me, it's a great way to relieve stress and enjoy quiet moments.
I started yesterday by making sugar cookie dough.
This morning, I actually got to bake them.
I think I'm finally in the festive mood of the holidays.
Not having a tree has made it hard to find the spirit.
I can't wait to be with family and see our girls amazement at the trees and Christmas Lights.
Chloe loves the garland on the stairs; I can't wait until she can help decorate her grandma and grandpa's Christmas tree! And if Lauren is at all like her sister, she'll LOVE laying under their tree and staring at the lights and ornaments.
...Until Chloe pulls the tree down on top of her... Just kidding!
Okay. I'm off. Have more things to get done while it's quiet!

No comments: