Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Milestones.

Ahhh...
Yet another milestone.

IMG_6122_1
Chloe is 1.5 years old.
She is changing right before our eyes.
And I love what I see...
(I choose to look past the whining and tantrums that seem to come along with this age)
She knows that when she puts on her outfit for the day, a bow is a must-have accessory.

IMG_6009_1
She says 'bow' as if I need reminding that she’d like a bow.
And she wears one with pride.

IMG_6015_1

And reminds me if she happens to pull it out.
She brings it to me and says, "bow" and patiently holds her head still so I can put it back in.
I know. Miraculous.


Today I realized she says 'Thank you' whenever you give her something she wants. Seriously. She has manners. It kills me.

IMG_6023
Except when she toots. Then she laughs. Hysterically.
So I take back the part about her manners.


This morning, I also found her with my brush combing through her curly locks yet again. I asked her to put away the brush and she repeated 'brush' back to me clear as day.
Just like yesterday how she said about 5 new words (including Apple) clear as day. This morning I opened the fridge and she saw her sliced apples in there and she kept saying "apple, apple, apple" until I gave her one. To which she replied, "thank you".
I know. this sounds like no big deal. Ohhh but it is.
We've gotten by without her really talking and she understands almost 100% of what we say to her but to hear her actually vocalize her wants is incredible.
Until now, she has been talking incoherent sentences with a couple words we recognize thrown in, but now her words are really starting to make sense. I love it.

Does it really get more fun than this??

IMG_6034

Impossible.IMG_6009_2
She's really into inside jokes.

She'll be a class clown is my guess.

IMG_5997_1

If you stick out your neck like a chicken or a crazy person, she does the same thing and leans towards you until you can't help but laugh. (hard to describe, I know). But she looks hilarious doing it and really gets a kick out of you playing along.

IMG_6025
She also plays a ‘blinking’ game. She likes to take turns blinking with you, no matter where you are in a room, she's happy to play along.


She loves going to the park, walking all the way there pushing her stroller.

IMG_5992_2
She loves hanging out in the street and following the big kids as they speed along on their bikes and in their little battery powered Lightning McQueen cars.

IMG_5994_1

Oh, and let’s not forget about her relentless adoration of this Princess Tea Set her daddy bought her.

 IMG_6040_1 IMG_6052 IMG_6054 IMG_6058 IMG_6059 IMG_6060 

Let’s see… Chloe is more than happy to point to her…

eyes (and say the word too!)…

IMG_6006_1

…ears…

IMG_6012_1IMG_6012_2

nose (and say noooo for nose!)…

*HEY! Where’d my nose picture go?!*

…mouth…

IMG_6003_1

She’ll also be more than happy to point out your body parts. If you’re really lucky she’ll throw in a finger up the nose, perhaps one to dig around in your mouth or gouge out your eye :)

IMG_6129

All these milestones and exciting times aside, she is not without tantrums

.IMG_6137

I think a combination of teething and budding independence is too much for her some days.  But no matter how tough of a day she’s having, her smile can still melt the most stressed mama. Or dada. :)IMG_6150

(Have you noticed she’s never far from her bracelet and bow!?)

No clothes, but don’t worry…she’s got her accessories!

Sooo our dear Fudge, happy half birthday.

IMG_6099

IMG_6111

We celebrated today by spending 2 hours (and a few choice words) putting together your very first car.

IMG_6161IMG_6158

You sure seem to love it… Even if you choose to crawl through the window.IMG_6155

You’re becoming such a fabulous young lady.

I enjoy walking with you while we both push our respective strollers up and down the street.

I love kissing your chubby little cheeks, playing with your curly-Q hair and looking deep into your GORGEOUS hazel eyes.

But my favorite?

Those random moments when you forget your independence and you feel an overwhelming need to give or get a hug or a love.

Your arms around me is pure heaven.

We love you, girlie!

P.S. Lauren loves you too!!

IMG_6088

IMG_6093

Ohhh sweet Lauren.

Sweet,Sweet Lauren.

Phew. That took me pretty much all day.

Well, other than setting up that crazy/cozy coupe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really good Jen. It put a smile on my face.

Anonymous said...

That was really good Jen. It put a smile on my face.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today...as always! xooxoMOM I love my girls so much. xoxo