Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 27, 2010

College. And not just for mommy & daddy!

Ok, ok... so we're like 2 years behind but today after hours and hours of research,
We FINALLY set up a 529 college savings plan for the girls.
Don't judge me for waiting so long!!

I have researched before and gotten confused and lost in which plan is the best, which has less fees, etc. and I really lost the point of the account: TO JUST GET THE BALL ROLLING!! I can always switch to a different plan later, or change my allocations... but not having an account at all was no good!

Now they each have their own account and we are hoping that family will help us fund the account little by little so that in 16+ years, it won't be as much of a question as to how we're going to afford to send them to college to become astrophysicists.

Because seriously. They are just that awesome.
:)

So I feel a huge weight lifted and I'm feeling so parental and responsible.
Now to just fund the sucker.

Sooo dear family... instead of birthday gifts this year, would you care to help us fund their education? It would be so neat to see the money start accumulating.
You can make a check out to either Chris or myself and we promise to only keep 50% to spend on ourselves... Ok, ok... fine... 100% will go to the funds... pinkie swear!

Besides, at this age, all my girls want for their birthday is a bite of that elusive birthday cake!

P.S. Please don't feel obligated in any way to contribute! This is just a little hint to those who might be scheming to buy them bounce houses or ponies ...


P.S.S. I LOVE my anatomy class. LOVE. Like I didn't know school could be so fun. I will catch you up on everything crazy in our life when I get a breather. Or some sleep. Preferably without Chloe sleeping on me. (Have I mentioned that she is like super attached and won't sleep alone anymore?)!

No comments: