Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Woah! Slow Down there Turbo!!

Soo it appears that time has gone into some kind of weird warp-speed. (Yes, Perhaps I have watched too much Star Trek or whatever it is that Chris watches)...

I can't believe we have less than 4 weeks till her due date! This week my doctors appointments switched to weekly. I NEVER actually thought I'd get to that point... It's so surreal.

I'm being careful to appreciate every day and make sure I enjoy the silence, enjoy time with Chris, enjoy just doing whatever I darn well please... I know it'll be a good 18 years before I can put myself first again... probably not even then, who knows. The one thing that I haven't figured out how to do quite yet is sleep past 7 am. I'm working on it though, probably right around the time Chloe gets here I'll be able to do it. Haha. Ironic.

I've been putting off finishing Chloe's room and packing my hospital bags... I'm not entirely sure why I am doing this, but I think part of me thinks that if I'm unprepared, she might come early (reverse psychology at work??)... However... I think the other part of me is waiting because (as my doctor kindly reminded me) that most first babies are late. LATE?! Argh. I'm not that patient! In any event, if she is late... it will give me something to do while I'm waiting (impatiently) for her arrival...

What exactly HAVE I been doing with myself other than simply pawing at baby items you might ask?? That's a good question. I've been loving having the time to myself to do basically whatever I want, getting things taken care of around the house, etc. although the days seem to go by so fast... I have a hard time explaining what I've done all day... but our house has been getting more organized!! Not to mention my car got a nice detail inside and out. Nesting is so cleansing.

I've also found a game that might be more addicting than Soduko... (Mom, plug your ears. You dont want to get hooked on this one). Anyway, the new game is called Kakuro. I won't get into the details but it is so addicting!

I've also gone back to reading obsessively. If I can't sleep past 7 at least I can curl up in bed with a book still! It reminds me of when I was younger and would just curl up in bed for hours on end reading a book well into the early morning hours. I'd look at the clock, rub my eyes and see it was midnight. Then I'd look at my book and see I was only 150 pages from the end and at that point I knew I wouldn't be able to put it down until I was done... I'm not sure my parents knew just how many of those late nights I had. I guess I've always been a bookworm at heart, I loved reading in the hammock out back in the summertime...

Anyway, if anyone has any good suggestions on books to read, let me know... although, if you know me, you'll know that I don't do history or geography. Haha. I'm more into the summer reads (no, I do not mean romance novels with Fabio on the cover)...

Well... This week Chloe is 36 weeks along. Evidently at this point she is gaining an ounce per day. She weighs about 6 lbs and is 18.5'' long. At my appointment the doctor said everything looked great and that she was head down! Woohoo! He also said that at this point, whenever she decided she wanted to come out, they'd let her. That was an interesting concept to grasp... but so exciting!!

Oh ... Yes... I have a new little friend, also. I was reading at Starbucks the other day when a little girl came in with her mom. She pointed at me and I looked up and saw that her mom was also pregnant (she's about a month behind me). Well, turns out my 4 year old friend's name is Avery and she has a fascination with my pregnant belly that was evidently quite huge underneath my shirt (which she thought was VERY pretty) haha. In any case, Avery thought it would be nice to rub Chloe and talk to her. So she did. For like 10 minutes... Pretty much one of the cutest things ever... but also sorta weird. At least it wasn't an 80 year old man, right?? :)

Have a good week...See you next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny.
I am at work and just read your entry. What an amazing writer you are...and so soulful. I guess that is what happens when you nest. All those things from childhood come rushing back and you remember the simple things that didn't seem important but brought you such comfort. I loved hearing the way you describe curling up in bed to read. I remember those quiet days in the house. You don't know but it brough such a smile to my face to know you were in your own little world enjoying a good book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts again. I wish I could reach out and hug you right now. Give Chloe a hug for me and tell her to hurry up! I want to meet her. I love you so much. xoxoxoMom