Sunday, July 11, 2010


Warning. Don't read this post if you're squeamish.
And don't say I didn't warn you.
Luckily, there are no pictures.
Chris hates when I text him pictures of our children's bodily fluids.
Actually, I'll bet he hates even hearing about them.
Chris, I'd stop reading about 4 lines ago if I were you.
You can thank me later.

Chloe really likes the words 'ewwwww and YUCK'.
Ironically enough, that was how she felt yesterday.

Enter her very first flu-ish cold.

I'm not a doctor, but I'm going to venture to say that when you have a super high fever, won't eat or drink (not our kid), won't even respond, much less blink an eye to the words, 'snack, cookie, oatmeal, banana or even ice cream' (again, SO SO SO not our kid), then you're probably feeling under the weather.

Well, we put her in our bed yesterday morning after she slept until 7:45...
...yes. we went in her room at 7:45 am and made sure she was ok and in the process woke her up.
You see, although a good sleeper, 6:00ish has become her norm.7:00 is LATE. 7:45 is literally record setting. And quite alarming at the same time.

So anyway, Chris was in bed with Chloe and I went to the kitchen to get her Tylenol. No sooner had I gotten to the kitchen that I heard a horrible racket that could be described as Chris hollering and some loud crashing/banging as something or SOMEONE fell out of our bed.

I RAN into our room to find Chris trying to get away from the bed while he stares at Chloe (who is still in our bed). I direct my gaze in her direction to see that she has promptly vomited ALL over our comforter. Like, we truly debated tossing the entire thing and starting over.

Well, it turns out Chris doesn't handle barf well. No big deal...he just made it his mission to get her a bath going while I dealt with 'the mess'.
But Chloe, that poor girl, it just kept on coming.
Just when I thought she was done, she found more.
Where it came from, I'm not sure.

But the good news is, just a couple hours and a Taco Bell Burrito later, she's feeling back to about 70%. (This is NOT a paid compensation. In fact, we were quite wary of giving her beans.)

Well, not entirely better. She went on to have a rough night and kept waking up screaming for us.

But my favorite part of the day?? After getting sick and having a bath, all she wanted was for me to hold her. And NOT put her down. I loved it SO much. She even took a little nap on me.

Also record setting.
This kid has not napped outside of her crib except for her car seat and even that is rare and short lived.

So, despite the sickness, yesterday was actually a great day spent with just the 4 of us battling it out.
It was so nice to just spend the day taking care of each other., tending to our flock.
It reminded me of how well Chris and I work as a team and I'm so glad Chloe got sick on the weekend when Chris was here to help out. Sure, it kept us from a nice little Saturday at Costco, maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond but really, I wouldn't have traded it. It was a great reminder of how happy our little family is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your story.........I think. Waiting for new pictures...but not of yesterday. xoxxoMOM/GIGI