Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

STTN?


So, hypothetically if you feed a baby at 5:30 pm but they don't go to sleep until about 7pm, only to wake up at about 10:30 pm, FINALLY go back to bed around 12, wake up at 3, FINALLY go back to bed around 4:30 and up again FOR GOOD at 6:15... is that considered sleeping through the night? Because I'm sure not buyin' it.

Let's do the math.

That's 500 shhhh's,

6,000 rocks in the rocking chair

and 10,000 trips to put the paci back in her mouth...
Sleep for mom = about a total of 4.5 hours.



What's ironic is that once I finally get her to sleep, despite the fact that we have the uber trendy video monitor so I can SEE her, I still forego sleep and go in and check to make sure she's breathing.

I have to say that last night was a good night of sleep for us. I feel like we're finally making progress away from the every 2.5-3 hour feedings at night. Woohoo! Chris thinks Im' crazy when I start getting her ready for bed a little after 5, but she really does much better the earlier you try to put her down. Besides, if she's going to sleep until around 10:30 pm whether she goes down at 5:30 or 9, I'll take the few extra hours to get a few things done while she blissfully sleeps :)
Dang she's cute. Yup. I'm pretty much completely head over heels for her. *sigh*



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it gets better i promise :)
Love ya,
Jennell

Anonymous said...

I love it love it love it. Thanks for the videos and the adorable pictures. You know I would wake up with her if she was here. I would cater to you and Chloe. I love you. Keep the pictures coming. I miss you so much. xoxoGrandma Lynn