Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 30, 2009

Attention Please.


The Following Is (not) A Paid Announcement:
It Turns out...
I've just become a part of the soccer mom club.

I never in a million years would have thought it would come to this.

Details:
Chris' truck = on the serious fritz (is that a word?), not to mention it's only a 2 seater!
Jen's Jeep = getting to be a little pain to get a kid into... not to mention it can hardly contain the three of us when we go away for a 3 day weekend.

How it went Down:
We started looking for a car for Chris that will serve its purpose and just get him to work and home, but we realized we needed a little more than that, so we started exploring our mini-van options... Yikes!

The Goods:
We stumbled upon a ridiculously great condition 2006 Nissan Quest. It is not your average mini-van. This thing has some serious zip. We ended up getting a great deal, the doors and back hatch open with the push of a button (which I LOVE) and we got it in the most ridiculously gorgeous White Pearl color. Have I mentioned it has zip??

Lesson Learned: Mini-Vans Rock.
I have to say, it was bittersweet driving away from the Jeep yesterday. (No, silly! We're keeping the Jeep and truck, but the Jeep is Chris's main car now!!) I told Chris last night that it was just weird, it's not that the Jeep quit on me or I just wanted to get rid of it, it's actually the opposite. I was and am still very much in love with the Jeep. It was the first car I actually made payments on and had in my very own name. Hopefully someday it can forgive me. I know my back has already started to forgive me. Seriously. Come take the kid in and out of this car. You'll buy one too. Even if you don't have kids.

I'll leave you with a couple pictures from last week.


This was the only picture where chloe was even looking remotely near the camera. Too much going on I suppose!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you drive down and show me your new car please? I guess you can see right through that request, huh? I love you and miss you so much. Would love to see your new wheels. xoxooxMOM

Anonymous said...

and of course, chloe. xooxox