Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 16, 2008

I Think We Have A Winner!

Sooo Chris and I toured a hospital last night and found a winner!


Now I'm not going to call myself a nut-and-berry kinda gal,

...but I wanted to have Chloe in a setting where they don't push medical interventions on you but let you do things as you'd like.


They even assured me that there would be a supply of Popsicles upon request!


Initially we thought we only had one hospital we could deliver at but it looks like we are able to go to French Hospital's Family Birthing Center in San Luis Obispo...


and YES...


I'm sure I'll have an epidural but they offer a lot of the options I'd been hoping for (some rooms have labor tubs, they don't require constant monitoring, there isn't a maximum amount of time you can labor, etc.) and the nurse that gave us our tour was fabulous. She answered a lot of my questions and put to rest most of my fears about having a C-Section if it came down to that. I can't believe the anxiety I have about being left to recover without Chris OR Chloe if I had a C-Section...


I'm not completely over it but the hospital is small and just had a very homey feel, a far cry from it's more modern behemoth counterpart which was our alternate option. So that's that. For Chris' sake, please pray I'm not a raving lunatic on the 1/2 hour drive to the hospital...

No comments: