Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


Today is an important day for our nation, Chloe... It's the day that President Obama was sworn into office. I watched it for you live, but I'm sure you'll see the recaps tonight. I would have let you watch with me but you were napping off all the shots you got today. You were SUCH a trooper. I actually contemplated taking my camera so we could capture it, but my mothering instincts kicked in. You made us so proud, the first shot didn't even get a reaction out of you. But... the second....and third... didn't make you all that pleased.

For about 3 seconds you were pretty ticked off. Then, you realized that mommy and daddy were both making silly faces to try and make you feel better. It worked. Piece of cake. Seriously. All babies should be like ours when getting shots. Helps that you have HUGE thighs. By huge, I of course mean 'muscular' ...

Seriously. Look at the rolls.
I weighed you at home the other day and couldn't believe it. It said you were over 16 lbs. I emailed your daddy at work to tell him the big news. This is how it went:
Subject: Fudge is fat.

Daddy thought that was funny. Well, today you rang in at a hefty 16.8 lbs. Perhaps we need to ease up on the milk a little, what do you say??
Then again, you were a whopping 25 inches long! I had the nurse double check... that puts you in the 75th percentile for height (up from 50%), so you're getting really tall!...you are however in the ahem 97th percentile for weight. Yes. You read that right...
Oh my, your chub is to die for! You look like a little moon pie I could take a bite out of.
Just kidding everyone...


Love you baby girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed that you and your sister left such similar observations about this momentous day. There is an air of hope and a promise for an optimistic future for my children and their children. I am so blessed to have such a fabulous family and wonderful granddaughters. How could I ask for anything better. I am so proud of the woman you have become Jenny. You are a beautiful and gentle and tender mom...as I knew you would be. I can't begin to tell you what an honor it is to be your mom and have Chloe as my granddaughter. Please kiss her chubby little thighs and tell her that grandma Lynn feels her pain just as I did when her mom had to have her shots. She was a big girl just like you Chloe. Love you so much and miss you all more than you can imagine. xooxoxMom/Grandma Lynn